Essentials of Karva Chauth Shopping
Posted on : 8th October 2012
Karva Chauth is a long standing Indian tradition which has made a strong impression on us as a culture. It adds to the rich values of selflessness, social and moral ethics of India. In Hindu religion, the goal of life is self-realization or the attainment of God and fasting has been a much sought after path to attain this. All Hindu fasts have a deep spiritual and religious significance. It becomes imperative to be accurate in the Puja Process of the traditional rituals and that includes Karwachauth. Some essentials that ensure a complete Karva Chauth are mentioned here.
Karwa Chauth Food Items
- Sargi, which includes pheni (a sweet made by using milk and semolina), parantha, and various types of fruits and sweets
- Ten matthis (salty snack) with an equal number of puas (a sweet made of jaggery)
- Delicious halwa
Karwa Chauth Beauty Essential (Sringar) Items
- Henna Mehndi for applying on palms and feet.
- Fashionable and multicolored glass bangles.
- Makeup items like bindi, kumkum or sindoor, lipstick, rouge, kajal, eye-liner, mascara, and so.
- Beautiful and traditional jewelry items like mangalsutra, maangtika, rings, necklace, bangles, ear-rings, anklets (payal), toe-rings, nose-ring, etc.
Karwa Chauth Cloth Items
- Baya or Bayana that includes gifts for the mother-in-law, which is ideally a sari.
- A set of new clothes, which is usually a bridal-sari (suhag joda) for the lady performing the vrat.
Karwa Chauth Puja Items
- A stable platform for performing the puja
- Cow-dung to make the image of the goddess Gora or Parwati
- Karwa Chauth story book
- Matthi for bhog
- Sindur or kumkum
- A strand of red thread (called kalawa)
- Karwa (a clay vessel containing water)
- A plate for keeping puja samagri
- Money for chadawa
- Other miscellaneous puja items