Karwa Chauth Items
Karwa Chauth vrat is an ancient Indian tradition, which is still followed with full warmth and admiration by almost all married Indian women. Indeed, every women want to pray for the happiness and long life of her husband. Food items, beauty essential or makeup items, clothing items, and puja items constitute the significant items that are required for Karwa Chauth festival by the woman performing the Karwa Chauth Fast (vrat). The aforementioned items are listed below:
Karwa Chauth Food Items
- Sargi, which includes pheni (a sweet made by using milk and semolina), parantha, and various types of fruits and sweets.
- Ten matthis with an equal number of puas (a sweet made of jaggery)
- Delicous halwa
Karwa Chauth Beauty Essential (Sringar) Items
- Henna Mehndi for applying on palms and feet.
- Fashionable and multicolored glass bangles.
- Makeup items like bindi, kumkum or sindoor, lipstick, rouge, kajal, eye-liner, mascara, and so.
- Beautiful and traditional jewelry items like mangalsutra, maangtika, rings, necklace, bangles, ear-rings, anklets (payal), toe-rings, nose-ring, etc.
Karwa Chauth Cloth Items
- Baya or Bayana that includes gifts for the mother-in-law, which is ideally a sari.
- A set of new clothes, which is usually a bridal-sari (suhag joda) for the lady performing the vrat.
Karwa Chauth Puja Items
- A stable platform for performing the puja
- Cow-dung to make the image of the goddess Gora or Parwati
- Karwa Chauth story book
- Matthi for bhog
- Sindur or kumkum
- A strand of red thread (called kalawa)
- Karwa (a clay vessel containing water)
- A plate for keeping puja samagri
- Money for chadawa
- Other miscellaneous puja items