On this auspicious day, Ma Gaura or goddess Parvati is worshiped. Married women sit around Gaura ma and pray to her for the well being and long life of their husbands. A small pitcher or Karva with some water is placed in the center. While the story is being narrated, ladies circulate their decorated Baya thalis. After the puja, this thali is given to the eldest member of the family who blesses the woman with all the happiness in life.
Karwa Chauth Thali Decoration Ideas:
Thali Decoration with Oil
1. Take a plain Thali, dip ear bud in any oil and draw desired auspicious pictures on the Thali.
2. Drop some powdered sindoor/Haldi/any rangoli color on it and shake well.
3. Now turn the Thali upside down to remove excess color powder.
4. You will find design embossed on plain Thali.
5. Floral desigsn looks great.
6. You can wipe this and keep the same Thali for next pooja. Simple isn't it?
Karwa Chauth Thali decoration idea by Shailaja
Thali Decoration with Velvet
1. Take a plane steel thali.
2. Cover it with a velvet cloth of any color.
3. Keep your pooja material on it.
4. Decorate a diya with golden color and place it on your thali.
5. You will get a adorably stylized velvet pooja thali.
Thali Decoration with Laces
1. Take a plastic/steel plate.
2. Cover the plate completely by pasting different colored papers.
3. Decorate the plate with hanging golden laces all around and small mirrors in the corners.
Mirror Mosaic Karwa Chauth Pooja Thali
1. Take steel plate or a ceramic plate.
2. Take little pieces of mirror of various shapes and make concentric designs of diyas, swastikas with the help of marker.
3. Now paste the mirror pieces over the design by keeping a distance of about 1 mm between each mirror.
4. Leave it for 5-6hours.
5. Make a paste with plaster of paris and fill all the gaps.
6. You will get a stunning mirror mosaic thali.